Friday, October 2, 2009

Update


So, end of week 14 ... can't believe things are proceeding so quickly. When the doc (mad man Hussein) told me til March, I thought he must be mad ... March is so far away. Anyway, I'm glad this thing isn't dragging out, and with every day I'm getting more excited, comfortable and growing more in love with this kid (don't lambase me, all yuh know what I mean - 'child').

Since I just started writing, I should update you guys about the goings-ons of the past few months and add a few pointers to those of you who plan to be/end up in (through no fault of yours - I mean, who knew sex could change your life like this) my situation.

Months 1-3
The thought that mainly occupied my mind was how overrated pregnancy is. Hollywood, books, T.V. _ not Christopher Columbus_ are some damn blasted liars. You do not glow right away, it's not all peachy. During this time, the toilet bowl is your best friend and food, your arch-nemesis. I spent this time being mad at all the people who have made pregnancy look glamourous ... plus I had beef with other people close to me. So picture me, overdosing on hormones, pissed off, nauseated and irritable (well, more than usual).
I didn't like this kid initially, and might tell him/her that one day, you know for humility's sake (can't let them know I'm totally crazy over them). I wanted him/her out, it was a dark dark time. All I wanted to do was crawl into a cave, or run away to fiji (there's a gorgeous resort over there, and the water BLUE) ... either would be better than staying here and letting this kid takeover. So happy that stage is over.

I'm tired now. So Ciao for now .. I'll be back tomorrow or later kinda liking this thing. :)

Oh hope you guys like the a pic of the tum-tums ...


No comments:

Post a Comment